Greetings to all -
After identifying the things I love about the people who have defined Sarah Hightower to me, I find that it is comforting not to find any fault with her. This is a reckless stance though, so I'd like to add the several attitudes and qualities that she has that I will adopt with some reservations.
I think she is always conscious of the splendid hair. I think she tosses those saucy curls when she thinks someone is watching her, just to smell the faint scent of her hair as it brushes across her face. Did you see that? Good. "Oh really? I don't do anything with it - you know, just towel rub it dry when I get out of the shower." That's not good. Better just to get your hair out of the way most days.
I think Sarah is self-reliant to a fault and that some people would prefer she didn't always land right-side-up. We all want to be endearing, right? Who needs you if you always find your own spoon and never need directions? I think Sarah should try asking for help more often. It is most definitely unmanly to do that, but in a few instances it might be nice.
But it's the positive bits of her that keep her in front of me. She won't slip on the stairs, she won't ever pay for extra weight in her luggage when she flies, and she never guesses at restaurant tips because of that superior math ability. When she enters a room, she can do it so that nobody notices and when she meets someone, even in passing, she will never forget their name.
I wonder if these qualities are universally desirable - are most people attracted to these particular qualities? I think it might be time to start writing about Sarah now - maybe I need to activate her to try out these qualities with her fictional compatriots on a fictional audience.
Tomorrow - now that I have a better grip on her - I will activate Sarah Hightower.
Sincerely,
Nilesite
No comments:
Post a Comment